You can quit! We can help!
The Tobacco-Free Project offers a program to assist residents of San Francisco to quit smoking at San Francisco General Hospital. This program consists of a series of seven classes aimed at assisting those that wish to quit smoking achieve this goal. There are four to five sets of classes per calendar year. Participants of the classes are referred by a health care provider or they can call themselves to enroll. The classes involve counseling and support; as well as information on different methods for quitting and assistance in navigating the insurance process for obtaining nicotine replacement and medication.
To enroll, call us at (628) 206-7657 or check out the class website.
For more information about upcoming SFGH Stop Smoking classes and other programs, check below
- San Francisco General Hospital Stop Smoking Program:
The next set of classes will be a evening series starting with orientation on Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 and the next 6 Tuesdays through February 28, 2017. Classes will be held at 2550 23rd St, Bldg 40, 5th floor, Solarium Classroom, ZSFGH.
- Please click on the flyer above for additional information and future class start dates
- Call (628) 206-7657 for more information or to enroll
- The Last Drag:
The Last Drag is a stop smoking program for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and HIV+ individuals. Quit smoking in a confidential and supportive group setting. Classes led by a highly skilled and experienced clinic leader certified by the American Lung Association.
- Upcoming: Wednesday January 25, 2017 and 6 Wednesdays after
- All sessions meet 7-9PM.
Class meets at 290 Dolores Street (Cross street: 16th St) Congregation Sha’ar Zahav
To register, email email@example.com with your name, telephone number, email and postal address, or call 415-339-7867 (339-STOP).
Find The-Last-Drag on Facebook
- Other Local Resources:
Local Stop Smoking Programs – Updated October 2016
- California Smoker's Helpline:
The California Smoker’s Helpline is a FREE telephone service proven to help you quit smoking!
- English: 1-800-NO-BUTTS (1-800-662-8887)
- Spanish: 1-800-456-6386
- Mandarin & Cantonese: 1-800-400-0866
- Vietnamese: 1-800-778-8440
- Korean: 1-800-556-5564
- Deaf/Hearing Impaired: 1-800-933-4TDD
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: