The San Francisco Tobacco-Free Project offers free support groups to help residents of San Francisco to quit or cut back on smoking. The support groups are a series of 6 meetings for those that wish to quit smoking or cut back, and provide:
- Counseling to help you quit or cut back on smoking
- Information on different methods for quitting
- Assistance with getting nicotine patches and other medication
- Welcoming and positive place to connect with others who are trying to quit
Anyone interested in attending can call (628) 206-6074 to register.
Upcoming 2020 Support Groups
We offer a support group series that meets every week for a total of 6 meetings, as well as a support group preview that meets one time and has starter information to help you quit. Drop-in’s are welcome at all support groups. Food is provided.
NOTE: The March/April 2020 Quit Smoking Support Groups have been cancelled until further notice. This is a precautionary measure in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please continue to check back for updated cessation group dates and locations in the future.
- For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 coronavirus, and the shelter-in-place order of the Mayor on March 16, 2020, click here:
- CA Smokers’ Helpline continues to provide phone-based counseling for anyone thinking about quitting for all Californians, AND free nicotine replacement patches for San Francisco residents (click here):
- Visit the CA Smoker’s Helpline website here
- OR Call: 1-800-NO-BUTTS (1-800-662-8887)
- SF Quits! program is still available with free quit smoking kits (order online here or call 628-206-7668), and free phone counseling from our class facilitators – call 628-206-6074
- Check back in a few weeks for an update, or call us at 628-206-6074
(Page updated March 2020)
- Breathe California's Ash Kickers Classes in SPANISH and ENGLISH:
Quiere dejar de fumar o reducir cuanto fuma?
Grupo gratis en español, 6 sesiones con informacion, ayuda, parches de nicotina gratis y otros materiales para ayudarle a dejar de fumar. Recibira una targeta de regalo al asistir.
Llame Breathe California para más información:
(650) 994-5868 x 302
Deje un mensaje con su nombre y número, y le contestaremos la llamada lo más pronto posible!
Want to quit smoking or cut back?
Free quit smoking group, 6 sessions with information, help, free nicotine patches and other materials to help you quit. Free gift card for attending.
To sign up, or to find out more, please call (650) 994-5868 x 302
- Groups for Transgender and Gender Non-Binary People:
San Francisco Community Health Center and Gender Health San Francisco have partnered to provide a 5-week tobacco cessation class series for transgender and gender non-binary people who are actively working toward gender affirming surgery. The class series will take place at Gender Health San Francisco. Food and a $20 incentive is provided at each class.
If you have any questions about the class series, please contact Mariah Santiago at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quit Smoking on Facebook:
Curious about ways to stop?
Check out the Commune Smokefree Social for a way to quit using an online support group right from your mobile phone.
Commune Smokefree Social is a closed Facebook group with other people who feel the same way about smoking as you do. Earn up to $80 for participating in the group and completing a few surveys.
- Other Local Resources: