Click on the sections below to learn more about provider resources from the San Francisco Tobacco Free Project and our partners. Services and resources include:
- Receive free SF Quits! kits for your clients
- Download and print various health education materials
- Refer your clients to phone counseling
- Download our support group curriculum
- Download materials for integration of tobacco use counseling into HIV Prevention Services
(Updated August 2019)
- SF Quits! kits for Community Service Providers:
If you are a San Francisco service provider who wants to incorporate quitting services into their programming, and/or provide additional resources to clients around quitting smoking, please complete the form below to become a distribution site for free SF Quits! stop smoking kits.
- Provider Newsletter Sign-Up:
Sign up to receive our monthly Cessation Services Provider Newsletter, where you can learn more about local classes and services, stay up to date with SF Quits! efforts and connect with other Tobacco Cessation Champions in San Francisco.
To view past issues of the newsletter, click here!
- Stop Smoking Support Group Curriculum:
- HIV Prevention Services Provider Toolkit:
- Order Free Print Materials:
The San Francisco Tobacco Free Project has some print materials available for free to community service providers located in San Francisco. Please complete the order form below to request materials for your site.
For providers outside of San Francisco, please see the next section to download free printable materials from our state partner agencies.
- Downloadable Print Materials:
Download a variety of brochures, posters, palm cards and other materials for printing from the Tobacco Education Clearing House of California
- youth and vaping
- quitting resources
- Direct Referrals to Phone Counseling:
Refer your clients directly to the CA Smokers’ Helpline using the online provider referral tool. The California Smokers’ Helpline provides services in English and Spanish to California residents.
Your clients will receive a phone call within 24 hours, including 2 additional attempts to reach them. The counselor will walk your client through the steps needed to make a quit attempt, as well as assess their eligibility for free nicotine patches (All San Francisco Residents are eligible!).
Click here to make a web-based referral to the CA Smokers’ Helpline.
The Asian Smokers Quitline provides services in Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean to patients in any state. Free counseling and free nicotine patches are also available. Click here to make web-based referrals to the Asian Smokers’ Quitline.